Protecting you

Quoteline 0161 480 0170

Working from home insurance

Home workers pay little attention to core business needs such as working from home insurance, by relying on home contents and buildings insurance for cover. It is true that in the past insurance companies were slow to catch up with the growing trend of people working from home, by greatly differentiating between home and business insurance. Increasingly though with the advanced use of computers it is hard to draw the line between different policies.

Including business equipment in a home insurance policy is often not the best way forward as you might fail to fully disclose why you need the equipment, their importance to your business and the nature of your business itself. Running a home business without any form of business insurance can be risky.

It is therefore advisable that you purchase a working from home policy tailored to the home worker's individual needs. Protecting your core business assets such as equipment and building contents is vital. You could also have client injury cover and insurance for business interruption.

Metcalfe Insurance Services has access to several insurers that have specific working from home policies that have been designed for this scenario.

Choose from a menu of covers such as:

  • Property cover on Business contents and Stock
  • Business Interuption and Loss of Profits
  • Public Products and Employers Liability
  • Loss of Money
  • Personal Accident and Sickness
  • Professional Indemnity

Enquire & we'll call you back

Use the enquiry form on this page and we'll call you back at your convenience during office hours (be sure to leave a number we can contact you on).

If you prefer to phone, during office hours you can call us on 0161 480 0170 to get answers directly from one of our specialists.

Tweet this page Tweet this page Share this page Share

image of a desk with a mouse and laptop

We can call you ..